Clinics & Services
All GP practices are contracted to provide ‘essential services’, that is basic treatment of ill people. We also provide the following ‘additional services’:
- Cervical Smears
- Freezing of warts and other small skin lesions
- Routine immunisation of children
- Immunisation of adults in relation to travel. As not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our practice nurse for details.
- Contraceptive Services
- Maternity Services
We also provide the following ‘enhanced services’:
- Annual flu immunisation programme for the elderly and those at risk
- Regular monitoring for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis
- Regular comprehensive reviews of patients with heart disease, stroke, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, mental health problems, thyroid problems and COPD
- IUCD fits and checks
- Nexplanon Fits and Removals
- Minor Injuries - the health centre has a small accident department for minor injuries. There is also an outpatient department for some specialist clinics.
Smoking cessation – we are keen to give all our patients who smoke as much help as possible to stop. Please ask at reception or at any consultation for information and support.
Healthy Eating – a healthy diet doesn’t need to be a boring one. Why not speak to your doctor/nurse or pick up some of our information leaflets so you can enjoy a healthier diet.
Click here to see which GP is available for each of our services by appointment.
The doctor can also refer patients to psychiatric, psychology, counselling, alcohol problem and dietetic clinics, which are held at the Links Health Centre.