A Free, weekly 5k events for all ages from 4+, every Saturday morning 9.30am, in areas of open space
● Some areas have 2k junior parkruns for 4-14 year olds and their families on Sunday mornings (the closest are Dundee and Aberdeen - see link for more details) http://www.parkrun.org.uk/events/juniorevents/
● There are over 750 locations in UK
● It is organised by local volunteer teams (usually people like you and me)
● Not races: walk, run, jog, volunteer or spectate
● Taking part is easy: register once on the parkrun website (http://www.parkrun.org.uk/montrose/) for Montrose, print off your personal barcode and head down to your local event, there are also local Parkruns in Stonehaven and Dundee, if these are closer.
● Parkrun is open to everyone, including those who are inactive, have health conditions or disabilities
Parkrun Flyer (English)
Parkrun Flyer (Polish)
Whether people want to improve fitness, make new friends, cope with health problems, learn new skills or simply be outside with others, parkrun has a positive impact on health and wellbeing and changes lives.
Parkrun is great for:
● improving health and wellbeing through physical activity, including volunteering?
● opportunities to socialise, make friends and be part of a welcoming, supportive community?
● activities that are free, outdoors and accessible to all?
Hopefully by now you have all signed up, and are wondering where Parkrun is:
Where is it? - The event takes place at Roselea Football Club, Broomfield Road, Montrose DD10 8TZ.
When is it? - Every Saturday at 9:30am.
If anyone wishes any details on other Parkruns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
And the best bit is..............................................................................
Every week some runners, volunteers and spectators grab a post parkrun coffee at Charleton Fruit Farm, Charleton Park, Montrose DD10 9EW (seasonal) - who doesn't love their strawberry tarts!!!!