If you are attending a hospital outpatient appointment for the first time and require ambulance/patient transport to get there and back, please telephone the Scottish Ambulance Service to arrange.
Ambulance transport is available for patients who:
- require assistance from skilled ambulance staff
- have a medical condition that would prevent them from travelling to hospital by any other means
- have a medical condition that might put them at risk from harm if they were to travel independently
- have mobility difficulties that require the assistance of ambulance care staff
- are attending hospital for treatment that might have side effects and require ambulance care on the return journey
To request ambulance transport, call the Booking Line on 0300 123 1236 or Text Relay 18001-0300 123 1236 for patients who may be deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired.
If you need to cancel a journey which has been booked, please call 0800 389 1333
You may request bookings up to 28 days in advance of your appointment. You will need your hospital/clinic appointment letter when you call. For more information about booking ambulance transport go to www.scottishambulance.com