Repeat prescriptions can be ordered in the following ways:
- By phoning the new Townhead prescription line on 677819, you will be able to leave your order on an answering machine.
- By placing your written request in the repeat prescription box at Townhead practice reception.
- By posting your written request to Townhead practice, marking it ‘Repeat Prescription Request’.
- By handing your prescription request in to your chemist’s shop.
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By fax to 673151
If you have a problem when using the answering machine, just leave your name and telephone number and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Whichever way you choose, please give all the details we need:
- Your name
- Your date of birth
- Your instructions for collection – collect at surgery, collect at Chemist (give name of chemist).
- The name of each separate item you need.
Allow 2 days for collection of your prescription if requesting via the health centre.
Allow 3 days for collection of your prescription if request is handed into the chemist.
Allow an extra 2 days if sending request by post or if requesting over the weekend.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip. Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
Please refer to our prescription leaflet, which is available from our reception.